Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Principles for a Picture-Perfect School Year

As the Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) 2009-2010 Teacher of the Year, I was asked to inaugurate our district's new blog, "On the Mark," with a welcome back message to students in August of 2009. I chose to construct it as ten principles for success, posted two a day for a week, each principle illustrated by a work of art to help make each point. The illustration I've included here is Jasper Johns's "Number in Colors," the artwork I chose for "Prioritize."

Follow this link to the First Post. From there it is easy to navigate to the others.

3 comments:

  1. I found and read your principles for success at the end of this past school year (May 2010). They are really good and I wanted to incorporate them into my classroom. However, when I go the first link all I get are days 4 and 5. Is there any way to get to the rest of your principles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy~
    Thanks so much for your interest. If you'll send your email address to me at jdijulio@cox.net or betsy.dijulio@vbschools.com, I will be more than happy to send you the original document from which the posts were created. In the meantime, I'll contact our technology department to find out how readers can access all the posts. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails